The witness at Tent City, Phoenix, AZ,
during Justice GA 2012
Faith in Action
Peace, Justice, and Sustainability
Unitarian Universalism is a justice-centered religion. We continue our tradition of conscience and action guided by our Action Council.
UUCPA Action Council
- Upholds our congregational commitment to putting the spiritual meaning we find here into action in the community.
- Empowers and supports the social justice work of this congregation.
- Supports and publicizes the commitment of Task Forces to act on specific issues.
We Stand for Equality
- The congregation voted to support Marriage
and worked to defeat the Knight initiative in 1999.
- We have been affirmed as a Welcoming Congregation
by the UUA.
- We vigorously opposed Proposition 8 in 2008, which would eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry. We continue to monitor its passage through the courts.
Peace – Conscience and Dialogue
- UUCPA is accredited by the UUA as a Green Sanctuary. We have made significant progress towards improving our buildings and purchases for sustainability. We recently added solar panels to our roofs to significantly reduce our energy bills, and an electric car pu
In the Main Hall