Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the legal representative of the church, and is responsible for finances, and for overseeing the work of the church, including operations, programs, and planning.
The Board can be contacted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board meetings are held every fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00 pm in the Fireside Room. Meetings are open to all, but the schedule is always tight, so discussions are determined by the published agenda.
Board Meeting Minutes
The Board of Trustees has from 9 to 13 members, elected by the congregation.
Each member is elected for a 3 year term, with 3 members elected each year.
If a member is not able to complete the 3 year term, members may be elected to fulfill the remaining years of the terem. The Board may also appoint members to fill vacancies until the next Annual Meeting. The President of the Board is selected by the Board.
The term of office is from May 1 to April 30.
Board Officers and Portfolios
ARTICLE IX—OFFICERS OF THE CHURCH
Following the annual meeting of the congregation on April 17, 2016 the newly elected board met to elect officers. These elections are effective from May 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018.
Board of Trustees:
- Sally Ahnger, President
- Rafael Gomez, VP Finance
- David Chen, VP Facilities
- Kristi Iverson, Secretary
- Jeb Eddy, Social Justice
- Mark Erickson, Denominational Concerns
- Geetha Rao, Policies
- Harrison Frahn, CYRE
- Edie Keating, Volunteers
- Audrey Erbes, Communications
- Robert Byrom, Membership
- Brooke Bishara, Small Groups
- Lorraine Kostka, ARE
- Fred Buelow, Treasurer
- Amy Morgenstern, Minister
- Dan Harper, Minister
POWERS OF THE TRUSTEES
Subject to the limitations expressed in Section 10.08, the Board of
|Between meetings of the Church, be the governing body and exercise the power of the Church;|
- Have general charge of properties of the Church;
- Subject to the provisions of Article VII, create or terminate such committees, as it deems
appropriate, to carry out the work of the Church, including but not limited to Operations, Religious
Education, Finance, Programs, and Planning.
- Subject to the provisions of Article VII, employ the ministerial and operations staff as necessary,
and define their duties and responsibilities. The relationship between each minister and the Church
shall be the continuing responsibility of the Trustees, and they shall consider such relationship not less
than annually and communicate such with the ministers.
- Approve affiliation of auxiliary organizations with the Church or terminate the same.
- As necessary, appoint an executive committee of the Board whose function shall include but not be
limited to handling appeals and resolving disputes.